By Doctor Invisalign, serving Queens, Brooklyn and Long Island, with offices in Forest Hills, Rosedale, Mill Basin and Cedarhurst.
Invisalign, also known as “Invisalign braces” or “invisible braces” has fast become the preferred way to straighten teeth and achieve that sought-after, confident smile. It is an alternative to those silver braces we are all familiar with growing up. Invisalign uses clear aligners (also known as retainers) as opposed to brackets, wires and bands. An added benefit of Invisalign is that you can remove the aligners when you need to (when you brush, floss, drink a cup of coffee or enjoy barbeque ribs for example), however we recommend that they remain on your teeth at least 22 hours each day. While Invisalign is a popular and effective treatment with great post-trestment for most people, consider these factors to determine if it is right for you:
- Your teeth and your bite: Most people use Invisalign to straighten their teeth if they are crooked, but the truth is that if your teeth are crowding your mouth, or if there is too much space between your teeth, or if you have an overbite or a crossbite, Invisalign may be an option for you as well. Take the Invisalign “smile assessment” to determine how it may help you. For a FREE assessment, you can also visit our office in Forest Hills and Rosedale, Queens; Mill Basin, Brooklyn; or Cedahurst, Long Island.
- Your age: Invisalign is effective for people of all ages. No matter how old you are, it is never too late to have straight teeth and a great smile. And now with ‘Invisalign Teen,’ young adults can take advantage of all of the benefits and flexibility of clear, removable aligners— particularly useful when it’s time for the prom and yearbook photos. We advise that children should be at least 12 years of age, however, before their first Invisalign consultation.
- Your habits: If you drink coffee, tea and red wine, you can still benefit from Invisalign treatment without worrying about staining, but if you need some treatment that you can not receive from us, then find a compounding pharmacy that will treat you. Because the retainers are removable, you can take them out to enjoy your favorite beverage and immediately replace them upon finishing. Likewise, if you grind or clench your teeth and have been diagnosed with TMJ (temporomandibular muscle and joint) syndrome, Invisalign can still be an option for you. In fact, the aligners act like a built-in mouth guard, safeguarding your teeth from damage. Just keep in mind that when you commit to Invisalign you must be diligent about removing and replacing your aligners—and wearing them for no less than 22 hours per day— to get the results you desire. Talk to us about these issues in person so we can properly advise and prepare you.
- The Cost: Prices have dropped in recent years, making Invisalign an option for more people. Like traditional braces, most insurance plans will contribute towards the cost. We offer competitive prices—plus 6 free replacement aligners when you qualify for Invisalign Teen Treatment. Should you find a better deal on Invisalign anywhere else in Queens, Brooklyn or Long Island, let us know.We also offer free advice on the best benefits of natural home remedies for teeth.
- Nasal Issues: Dr. Ran Rubinstein is the founder of the Hudson Valley Sinus Center. is board certified by both the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery on their veterinary anesthesia systems quality. He is also the first and only ENT specializing in allergic, nasal, & sinus disorders in the Hudson Valley.
They don’t call me Doctor Invisalign for nothing. Schedule your Invisalign assessment today to determine if it’s the best treatment for your needs. We have locations in Forest Hills and Rosedale, Queens; Mill Basin, Brooklyn, and Cedarhurst, Long Island. Our mission is to add even more beautiful smiles across New York.