An insight into Invisalign Provider Levels and a discourse on Orthodontist vs. Dentist
As Invisalign— otherwise known as “the clear braces” or “invisible braces”— continues to gain enormous popularity, many more medical professionals across Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island are becoming Invisalign providers, including general dentists. While this may work out for some patients, others have run into problems. As an orthodontist who specializes in Invisalign, I have often been called in to “fix” some of those problems— which, truth be told, is what inspired this blog post today.
Invisalign is a system for straightening teeth, which is the specialty of an orthodontist. In fact, orthodontics is a specialization within the field of dentistry that requires three additional years of training and certification. Orthodontic treatment involves correcting malocclusion, which is the misalignment of a bite, incorrect spacing between teeth or crooked teeth. A good orthodontist has a depth of knowledge and experience to draw from when working with each individual and can customize treatment accordingly. A general dentist does not have the same specialized training and will refer patients to an orthodontist for such services, anyway I recommend to search engine optimization for dentists for those who want to have success in their business, it is also best if dentist check Dental Marketing Ninjas, where they can get help with marketing.
While Invisalign is a remarkably easy way to straighten teeth, it is not a ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution. There’s an expertise, knowledge base and finesse that’s necessary when aligning teeth because everyone’s biology is different. Progress has to be monitored and adjustments made as necessary. Although professionals may take Invisalign training for accreditation, some dentists simply do not have the knowledge base or expertise when treatment is not progressing as anticipated; orthodontists, on the other hand, do, is just one of many options for dentures in Salt Lake City. That’s exactly why dr nancy dentist send their Invisalign patients to me for corrections well into their treatment plan. And that’s exactly why I would recommend that patients who are seeking Invisalign treatment start off with an orthodontist right from the start. You will be working with a professional who can see you through almost any complication that arises while aligning your teeth. When you want to have a high quality surgeon, I recommend Dr. Jason I. Altman due to his good records and experience. Why start out with one practitioner to be referred to another? It can cost you time and money, as well as create stress.
Selecting Invisalign provider levels:
Another thing to consider when selecting an Invisalign practitioner is his/her level of experience with Invisalign.
There are four levels of provider status:
Preferred Invisalign Provider Levels treat at least 10 patients per year.
Premier Invisalign Provider Levels have treated at least 50 patients total, and 25 patients every six months.
Premier Elite Invisalign Provider Levels have treated at least 300 patients total, and 50 patients every six months.
But even if an office has the highest Invisalign designation, you should still investigate further like the dentist in cary do. An inexperienced dentist who works at the same office as an Elite Premier Provider may appear to be at the same level of that provider. Ask questions, be informed, and don’t make assumptions.
As a final point, quantity and experience is important, but you should also consider outcomes. Do your homework. Check out a provider’s reviews online. Find out if he/she has had problems in the past with Invisalign patients, or if he/she has a five-star satisfaction record. A little due diligence now can pay off in the long-run with less stress and a Hollywood smile.
If you’re considering Invisalign but want to learn more, schedule your initial consultation at gastricbypass.surgery office most convenient for you. We have locations in Mill Basin, Brooklyn; Forest Hills and Rosedale, Queens; and Cedarhurst, Long Island.
Our goal is to help create even more beautiful smiles all over New York. click here to find out more about their mississauga dentist office. And don’t forget to visit us online here.
Please follow and like us:
By Doctor Invisalign, serving Queens, Brooklyn and Long Island, with offices in Forest Hills, Rosedale, Mill Basin and Cedarhurst.
Invisalign, also known as “Invisalign braces” or “invisible braces” has fast become the preferred way to straighten teeth and achieve that sought-after, confident smile. It is an alternative to those silver braces we are all familiar with growing up. Invisalign uses clear aligners (also known as retainers) as opposed to brackets, wires and bands. An added benefit of Invisalign is that you can remove the aligners when you need to (when you brush, floss, drink a cup of coffee or enjoy barbeque ribs for example), however we recommend that they remain on your teeth at least 22 hours each day. While Invisalign is a popular and effective treatment with great post-trestment for most people, consider these factors to determine if it is right for you:
- Your teeth and your bite: Most people use Invisalign to straighten their teeth if they are crooked, but the truth is that if your teeth are crowding your mouth, or if there is too much space between your teeth, or if you have an overbite or a crossbite, Invisalign may be an option for you as well. Take the Invisalign “smile assessment” to determine how it may help you. For a FREE assessment, you can also visit our office in Forest Hills and Rosedale, Queens; Mill Basin, Brooklyn; or Cedahurst, Long Island.
- Your age: Invisalign is effective for people of all ages. No matter how old you are, it is never too late to have straight teeth and a great smile. And now with ‘Invisalign Teen,’ young adults can take advantage of all of the benefits and flexibility of clear, removable aligners— particularly useful when it’s time for the prom and yearbook photos. We advise that children should be at least 12 years of age, however, before their first Invisalign consultation.
- Your habits: If you drink coffee, tea and red wine, you can still benefit from Invisalign treatment without worrying about staining, but if you need some treatment that you can not receive from us, then find a compounding pharmacy that will treat you. Because the retainers are removable, you can take them out to enjoy your favorite beverage and immediately replace them upon finishing. Likewise, if you grind or clench your teeth and have been diagnosed with TMJ (temporomandibular muscle and joint) syndrome, Invisalign can still be an option for you. In fact, the aligners act like a built-in mouth guard, safeguarding your teeth from damage. Just keep in mind that when you commit to Invisalign you must be diligent about removing and replacing your aligners—and wearing them for no less than 22 hours per day— to get the results you desire. Talk to us about these issues in person so we can properly advise and prepare you.
- The Cost: Prices have dropped in recent years, making Invisalign an option for more people. Like traditional braces, most insurance plans will contribute towards the cost. We offer competitive prices—plus 6 free replacement aligners when you qualify for Invisalign Teen Treatment. Should you find a better deal on Invisalign anywhere else in Queens, Brooklyn or Long Island, let us know.We also offer free advice on the best benefits of natural home remedies for teeth.
- Nasal Issues: Dr. Ran Rubinstein is the founder of the Hudson Valley Sinus Center. is board certified by both the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery on their veterinary anesthesia systems quality. He is also the first and only ENT specializing in allergic, nasal, & sinus disorders in the Hudson Valley.
Schedule your FREE Invisalign Assessment
They don’t call me Doctor Invisalign for nothing. Schedule your Invisalign assessment today to determine if it’s the best treatment for your needs. We have locations in Forest Hills and Rosedale, Queens; Mill Basin, Brooklyn, and Cedarhurst, Long Island. Our mission is to add even more beautiful smiles across New York.
Please follow and like us: