You’ve been thinking of getting your teeth straighten for a while now but are concerned about the cost. You decide to shop around for the best price, but in doing so, be sure not to compromise on professionalism, experience and quality.
In practice for more than 6 years, I have been called on way too often to straighten out orthodontic work and braces gone wrong. Whatever the procedure, the right orthodontist can make the process easier, shorter, more comfortable— and ultimately give you the outcome you’ve been dreaming about. If you want my recommendation, Dr. Susana Kulangara, dentist wesley chapel, is committed to helping her patients with their dental needs and she is one of the best.
Here are some considerations to keep top of mind when selecting a well qualified, orthodontist:
1. Check the doctor’s background, education and qualifications. Nowadays you’re pretty much a click away from the information you need to make informed decisions. Google your prospective doctor. Look for his or her information on Healthgrades, Zocdoc and Vitals, to name a few. Does he or she have any malpractice suits or sanctions? Such sites will also feature patient reviews and ratings— invaluable information to take into account. Here is what comes up when you “Google” me:
2. Make sure the orthodontist is well experienced in the procedure(s) you need. Living in a populated urban area like this one means you can access the services of many specialists and orthodontic experts within a short drive. Take advantage of this. Here are my areas of expertise:
- Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Ceramic Dental Braces
- Clear Dental Braces
- Dental Braces
- Invisalign®– An Elite Provider
- Invisible Dental Braces
- Lingual Dental Braces
- Metal Dental Braces
- Non-Surgical Bite Correction
- Orthognathic Surgery
- Removable Appliances
- Retainer Therapy
- Teeth Whitening
Treating conditions including:
- Grinding of Teeth
- Thumb Sucking
- Tooth Loss
3. Office, staff & policies. Is the office clean with state-of-the-art equipment and a friendly, helpful and efficient support staff? If there are few or no reviews online you may have to check it out firsthand before your first appointment. You also want to make sure they accept your orthodontic insurance (if you have an active policy) and practice fair and reasonable office policies. We provide flexible payment plans including an interest-free monthly installment plan. We also allow you to reap the benefits of your Flex payment account, in addition to offering financing options including those through Care Credit and Springstone.
4. When it comes to Invisalign, choose a top-ranking provider. Our practice is honored to rank as “Super Elite”—in the Top 1% of Invisalign providers nationwide. What it means literally is that Dr. Eckstein and I (Dr. Yusupov) have attended to at least 200 Invisalign patients within the past year and have completed over 800 “lifetime” Invisalign cases. In fact we’ve nearly doubled that number with approximately 1500 “lifetime” cases completed. You want that level of expertise when it comes to your smile, your time and your money.
Do your research, then come see us.
We invite you to visit our state-of-the art offices and meet our staff. Schedule your initial consultation at the office most convenient for you. We have locations in Mill Basin, Brooklyn; Forest Hills and Rosedale, Queens; and Cedarhurst, Long Island.
We are committed to creating even more beautiful smiles all over New York.