In the past, getting braces used to be a source of embarrassment and self-consciousness for kids and teens. But nowadays, it’s anything but. Especially with the introduction of Invisalign Teen® clear aligners, more and more young people have not only gotten past their inhibitions about their smile— they are embracing their “work-in-progress” look. In fact, a bunch of new apps have been developed to encourage kids to have fun with their braces. One in particular is 3M’s Paint Your Smile app.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the app on your phone. Just search “paintyoursmile.”
2. Once you open the app, you’ll be asked to choose one of these options:
- Take a picture
- Choose a photo from the camera roll
- Select your three favorite color combinations
- You’ll then get to see your braces adorned with your three favorite colors in the photo.
- You have the option to then share the photo on social media or just with friends and family.
You can also go to www.paintmysmile.com to do a trial run with other people’s photos.
Fun! It’s just another way to add color to your life and “embrace” your braces in a whole new way.
Share your “Paint Your Smile” Photo with us!
Just paste it in the comment field below for the whole extended Amazing Smiles family to enjoy.